Your Top 10 Facebook Questions Answered
We receive many questions from our awesome Facebook followers. We want to take a moment to answer some of the top questions we receive. From enrollment to technical questions to mobile apps, you asked and we answered! Here are the top 10 questions we’ve received on Facebook.
If you have any other questions after reviewing these FAQ’s, please let us know in the comment section at the bottom of this page!
1. How does this actually work? Are books and homework provided? How will my child be tested? Will there be teaching guide for me? What homeschool supplies do you recommend?
Here are some resources to provide you with more information about K12 and Online Education:
- Videos: Learn About K12 and Online Education
- Call our Enrollment Team at 1 (877) 895-1754 with any questions about our progams and availability.
2. I’m considering enrolling with one of the online schools and would like to hear from other families to find out their experience. How do I connect with other local families?
- What’s Your Story: Read real stories from K¹² students and families about how an individualized online education has made a difference in their lives.
- Explore our Schools: Many of our schools have Facebook pages set up to connect local families where you can post any questions you may have.
- Events: There are many events every month to help foster relationships and support. Your local school administrator should have information on what’s scheduled in your area.
- Your local school administrator can share group information, events, and other ways to meet local families.
- Find your school’s website to find out who your school administrator is.
3. Is the OLS down?
I can’t get into the OLS or I keep getting logged out of the OLS. Is anyone having the same issue? How can this get fixed?
- Verified outages or maintenance windows will be posted on the front page of help.k12.com and on the K12 Facebook page.
- OLS Troubleshooting steps: Online School Access Basic Troubleshooting Steps
4. My child has submitted work but it didn’t go through. Who can I contact to help?
K¹² provides support for a variety of programs. The program you or your student is enrolled in determines the avenues of support that are available to you.
Use this handy guide to find out who to contact.
5. Can we do the classes on a smartphone or tablet?
Even though it may be possible to do your coursework on a smartphone or tablet, mobile devices are not supported at this time and our Technical Support team will not be able to help you troubleshoot related issues.
Get more information about mobile devices on the K12 Customer Support Site.
6. What grade levels are offered at your school?
That answer varies depending on the school. The best way to find the answer is to visit the school’s website or visit the school’s Facebook page.
7. Will you be adding additional grades next school year?
Reach out to your school directly, as the answer varies depending on the school. They will have the latest information about which grades are currently available and any planned additions.
8. When does the first day of school start? Where can I find my school’s Academic Calendar?
Most of our schools have an academic and event calendar available on their website under Community & Events in the navigation bar.
If you are still looking for additional scheduling information, visit your school’s Facebook page.
9. Where do I find information about Parent Workshops? Are the Parent Workshop sessions recorded?
You can find parent workshop information, recordings, and attendance links in the announcements section of the OLS.
10. Where do I find information about the Mobile Apps you currently have available?
Lauren Martin is a Writer for Learning Liftoff. Previously, she has written for nonprofits as well as marketing agencies. She's covered environmental issues, women's rights, world poverty, and animal rights. With a B.A. in Broadcast Journalism from Ithaca College, Lauren enjoys interviewing families about their experiences with online education.