Kindergarten Science Learning Activity: Symmetry Trees
Use trees to to learn about symmetry. When something is symmetrical it means that it can be mirrored when split by a plane. Look at the trees branches, leaves, and seeds, and find the correct match.
Click here for more Kindergarten science games
This interactive activity is embedded in our Kindergarten Science K course.
Kindergarten students begin to develop observation skills as they learn about the five senses, the earth’s composition, and the basic needs of plants and animals. Students will explore topics such as:
- My Body-the five senses; major organs and systems
- Plants and Animals-needs and habitats; conservationist Jane Goodall
- Measurement-size, height, length, weight, capacity, and temperature
- Matter-solid, liquid, and gas
- The Seasonal Cycle-changing weather in the seasons
- Our Earth-geographical features; taking care of the earth; environmentalist Rachel Carson
- Motion-pushes and pulls; magnets
- Astronomy-the earth, sun, moon, and stars; exploring space; astronauts Neil Armstrong and Sally Ride