Kindergarten Science Activity: Recycling Game
Teaching good habits is an important building block for kids. Practice identifying what materials should be recycled in this activity and separate each material into the correct bin. If you don’t have specific recycling bins in your home, this could be a fun project for kids to make. Make a recycling bin for each material by matching the color in the activity.
Click here for more Kindergarten science games
This interactive activity is embedded in our Kindergarten Science K course.
Kindergarten students begin to develop observation skills as they learn about the five senses, the earth’s composition, and the basic needs of plants and animals. Students will explore topics such as:
- My Body-the five senses; major organs and systems
- Plants and Animals-needs and habitats; conservationist Jane Goodall
- Measurement-size, height, length, weight, capacity, and temperature
- Matter-solid, liquid, and gas
- The Seasonal Cycle-changing weather in the seasons
- Our Earth-geographical features; taking care of the earth; environmentalist Rachel Carson
- Motion-pushes and pulls; magnets
- Astronomy-the earth, sun, moon, and stars; exploring space; astronauts Neil Armstrong and Sally Ride