Become the Next K12 National Spelling Bee Champion!
Have you heard? The 2023 K12 National Spelling Bee registration deadline has been EXTENDED through February 17th, 2023. That means you still have plenty of time to register for this awesome competition! Join us for an unforgettable experience and compete for a chance to win amazing prizes!
About the Bee
The K12 National Spelling Bee allows students in grades 3–12 nationwide to show off their spelling skills in an epic word game with multiple levels. Check back in March to see which students have advanced to regionals, and then again in April to see who will be competing in person for the title of K12 National Spelling Bee Champion in June of 2023.
Who can enter? Any eligible student in grades 3-12 who are enrolled in a K12-powered school or enrolled in a school not powered by K12 in any of the 50 U.S. States or D.C. is encouraged to enter!
Why You Should Enter
What’s in it for you? Aside from getting the chance to compete on a NATIONAL level, students have the chance to win awesome prizes! Below is a list of PRIZES that students could potentially win:
- Semi-regional winners will receive certificates.
- 1st and 2nd place regional winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. for the National K12 Spelling Bee (airfare and hotel for each participant and one chaperone per participant; food and transportation will be the responsibility of the family)
- 3rd place regional winners will receive AirPod Pros.
- National First Place winners will receive a $2,500 Amazon e-gift card and a Microsoft Surface tablet.
- National Second Place winners will receive a $1,000 Amazon e-gift card.
- National Third Place winners will receive a $500 Amazon e-gift card.
Past Winners’ Experience
Ilyannie G. from Washington Virtual Academy shares what it was like to be the 1st place 3rd-5th grade National champion of both the 2021 and 2022 National Spelling Bees:
“Winning really meant a lot to me because I worked really hard to study all of the words and learn new ones…. It really paid off in the end especially since I had the support of my family and the entire WAVA community!”
Another finalist, Alena, from the 2022 National Spelling Bee said,
“My favorite part was to take the prize from the CEO, and also making new friends at the Spelling Bee.”
Alena’s advice to this year’s participants is:
“Hardwork never fails. If you want to achieve success, always give your best… Success always rewards us. My teachers, principal, and family supported me through this success… Success is continued hard work without giving up.”
So, what are you waiting for!? Register now to compete for the 2023 K12 National Spelling Bee champion title!