6th-8th Grade History Learning Activity: English Civil War
The English Civil War lasted for nine years from 1642-1651. It was a time of political strife between King Charles I, Parliament and the surrounding countries. Below are several events that led up to the war. Test your knowledge and see if you can put them in order.
This activity can be found in the K12 Intermediate World History B course.
The entire course covers continuing a survey of World History from prehistoric to modern times, K12 online lessons and assessments complement the second volume of The Human Odyssey, a textbook series developed and published by K12. This course focuses on the story of the past from the fourteenth century to 1917 and the beginning of World War I. The course is organized chronologically and, within broad eras, regionally. Lessons explore developments in religion, philosophy, the arts, and science and technology.
The course introduces geography concepts and skills as they appear in the context of the historical narrative. Major topics of study include:
- The cultural rebirth of Europe in the Renaissance
- The Reformation and Counter-Reformation
- The rise of Islamic empires
- Changing civilizations in China, Japan, and Russia
- The Age of Exploration, and the civilizations that had been flourishing in the Americas for hundreds of years prior to encounters with Europeans
- The changes that came with the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment
- Democratic revolutions of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries
- The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
- Nineteenth century nationalism and imperialism
- The remarkable transformations in communications and society at the turn of the twentieth century