4th-5th Grade History Learning Activity: Growth of Nations
Travel through four centuries and learn about the important milestones across many countries. Important laws, huge land purchases, and wars are just a few of the events you’ll discover on this timeline.
This activity can be found in our 4th Grade History Course.
Concluding their investigation (spanning grades 1–4) into history from the Stone Age to the Space Age, fourth grade students turn to the study of the modern world. They will:
- Learn about the Age of Enlightenment and the Scientific Revolution, and meet Isaac Newton and Benjamin Franklin
- Become familiar with James Madison and American constitutional government, as well as Napoleon in France
- Learn about various revolutions in Latin America
- See how great changes—nationalism, industrialism, and imperialism—shaped, and sometimes shattered, the modern world, leading to the two world wars
- Study many inventors and innovators who achieved great advances in communication, transportation, medicine, and government