3rd Grade History Activity: The Forbidden City
Explore the Forbidden City in Beijing, China. The city was erected by the second emperor of the Ming Dynasty. The temple served as the capital and home of the imperial family until the early 1900’s. Use the interactive tool to learn more about this amazing place.
To learn more about K12 online schooling, click here to register for an event in your area.
This course can be found in our 3rd Grade History course
After this lesson, the grades 1-4 curriculum continues from the Stone Age to the Space age and will cover:
- Explore the Renaissance, and meet Petrarch, da Vinci, Michelangelo, Gutenberg, Galileo, and more
- Journey through the Age of Exploration with Dias, da Gama, Magellan, and more
- Get to know the Mayans, Aztecs, and Incas
- Visit civilizations in India, Africa, China, and Japan
- During England’s Golden Age, meet Elizabeth I, Sir Walter Raleigh, and William Shakespeare
- Explore Jamestown, Plymouth, and the thirteen colonies in Colonial America
- Learn about the American Revolution