2nd Grade World History Learning Game: Where in the Roman World?
Want to learn about Rome? Listen to each riddle and learn about Roman history and culture. Can you guess the right answer?
Second graders continue their investigation (spanning grades 1–4) into history from the Stone Age to the Space Age. Through lively stories and activities, second graders will:
- Explore ancient Rome and meet Julius Caesar
- Learn about the beginnings of Christianity during the Roman Empire
- Hear stories of the raiding and trading Vikings
- Appreciate the achievements of early Islamic civilization
- During the early Middle Ages in Europe, meet knights in armor, and hear stories of St. George, Robin Hood, and Joan of Arc
- Visit the medieval African kingdoms of Ghana, Mali, and Songhai
- Travel the Silk Road across China, and meet the powerful emperor, Kublai Khan
- Learn about the fighting samurai and the growth of Buddhism and Shintoism in feudal Japan