1st Grade Science Learning Activity: Remember When?
Learn about the life cycle of a tree through photographs.
This interactive activity is embedded in our First Grade Science 1 course.
Students learn to perform experiments and record observations, and understand how scientists see the natural world. They germinate seeds to observe plant growth, and make a weather-vane. Students will explore topics such as:
- Matter-states of matter; mixtures and solutions
- Weather-cloud formation; the water cycle
- Animal Classification and Adaptation-insects; amphibians and reptiles; birds; mammals
- Habitats-forests, deserts, rain forests, grasslands, and more; naturalist John Muir and conservation
- Oceans-waves and currents; coasts; coral reefs and kelp forests; oceanographer Jacques Cousteau
- Plants-germination, functions of roots, stems, flowers, chlorophyll, and more
- Human Body-major systems; Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman doctor
- Light-how light travels; reflections; inventor Thomas Edison