1st Grade Science Learning Activity: Match the Land Forms
Can you spot the difference between an island and a peninsula? How about a river and a lake? Play this interactive matching game to practice the names for different land forms. Click the green buttons to see a photo of a land form. Find the correct name for it by clicking the blue buttons.
This course can be found in our 1st Grade Science curriculum.
Students learn to perform experiments and record observations, and understand how scientists see the natural world. They germinate seeds to observe plant growth, and make a weathervane. Students will explore topics such as:
- Matter—states of matter; mixtures and solutions
- Weather—cloud formation; the water cycle
- Animal Classification and Adaptation—insects; amphibians and reptiles; birds; mammals
- Habitats—forests, deserts, rain forests, grasslands, and more; naturalist John Muir and conservation
- Oceans—waves and currents; coasts; coral reefs and kelp forests; oceanographer Jacques Cousteau
- Plants—germination, functions of roots, stems, flowers, chlorophyll, and more
- Human Body—major systems; Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman doctor
- Light—how light travels; reflections; inventor Thomas Edison