1st Grade Science Activity: Flo’s Candy Workshop
Flo needs your help in her candy workshop. She needs to find the best consistency for her candy. In order to do that she has set up several experiments. Help Flo by answering each question correctly. This would also be a great experiment to try at home. Try to recreate this experiment in your home to find the consistency of different substances.
This course can be found in our 1st Grade Science curriculum.
Students learn to perform experiments and record observations, and understand how scientists see the natural world. They germinate seeds to observe plant growth, and make a weathervane. Students will explore topics such as:
- Matter—states of matter; mixtures and solutions
- Weather—cloud formation; the water cycle
- Animal Classification and Adaptation—insects; amphibians and reptiles; birds; mammals
- Habitats—forests, deserts, rain forests, grasslands, and more; naturalist John Muir and conservation
- Oceans—waves and currents; coasts; coral reefs and kelp forests; oceanographer Jacques Cousteau
- Plants—germination, functions of roots, stems, flowers, chlorophyll, and more
- Human Body—major systems; Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman doctor
- Light—how light travels; reflections; inventor Thomas Edison