1st Grade History: The Rise of Ancient Empires
Test your knowledge of ancient Empires in this game show activity. In this activity you’ll be tested on ancient pyramids, leaders, religion and laws. Choose a category and answer the questions correctly to earn points. Play against yourself and try to earn a high score, or grab a friend and compete!
To learn more about K12 online schooling, click here to register for an event in your area.
This activity can be found in our 1st Grade History course
This course kicks off a program that, spanning the elementary grades, provides an overview of world geography and history from the Stone Age to the Space Age. Through lively stories and activities, students will:
- Meet nomadic children in ancient Mesopotamia who settle in the Fertile Crescent
- Explore the great pyramids in ancient Egypt, and meet mighty pharaohs such as King Tut
- Learn about the historical origins of Judaism through stories of Abraham, Joseph, Moses, and David
- Learn about the origins of democracy in ancient Greece, as well as the first Olympic games, the Trojan War, Alexander the Great, and the marvelous myths of the ancient Greeks
- Visit ancient India and hear stories of the historical origins of Hinduism and Buddhism
- Travel down great rivers in ancient China, hear the wisdom of Confucius, and witness the building of the Great Wall